Answered By: Sarah Morehouse Last Updated: Aug 08, 2016 Views: 39
Answered By: Sarah Morehouse
Last Updated: Aug 08, 2016 Views: 39
If you need to find a book or journal that isn’t available in the online library at Empire State College, you do have some options.
- SUNY Open Access Policy – bring your college photo ID to the librarians at any SUNY, CUNY or New York community college library to ask how you can take out books, use the print journals and possibly the online databases while you are in the building.
- WorldCat searches thousands of libraries’ online catalogs from around the world. WorldCat lets you search for books, audiobooks, e-books, print and online journals (not individual journal articles), microform resources and information sources in many formats. Click the title of the source to get the item information, and enter your zip code. WorldCat will then list the libraries that have your information source, in order by proximity.
- Interlibrary Loan (graduate students and faculty only) – borrow books, articles and audio-video materials that aren’t available through the Empire State College Online Library.
- Google Scholar searches for books and scholarly articles. When you access Google Scholar, you have the option to go into your Settings and set it so that your search results will link to full text in the Empire State College Online Library, whenever available. Your search results will also include full-text articles in document repositories, some full-text e-books and some previews of print books.
- Local College Libraries Near You sometimes have programs for community borrowers. Call ahead to find out whether there are any conditions or fees.
- Public Libraries Near You may offer interlibrary loan services for articles and books. Call ahead to find out if they offer interlibrary loan services.
- Commercial Document Delivery Services – these web-based companies charge a fee for an online copy of an article.
- Online used book stores can be very affordable and most allow you to resell your book when you’re done with it.
Or call us at (800) 847-3000 ext. 2222
- Sun: 1-9 pm
- Mon-Thu: 9am-9pm
- Fri: 9am-5pm