Answered By: Sarah Morehouse Last Updated: Feb 12, 2015 Views: 118
There are a few things we need you to check before we can know whether this is a library login problem or a college login problem. (Yes they're the same login, but we need to find out exactly where in the system the problem is happening.)
- First, does the login look like the screenshot in the attached file? (Look under the Files tab above. The file is called cas login.png.) If NOT, then it is probably a library problem. Contact us directly using the question form or chat box.
If it DOES look like the picture, then...
- Check the Library Blog at http://commons.esc.edu/libraryblog to see if the database is down. And check MyESC at http://www8.esc.edu/esconline/myesc.nsf/html/myeschome.html to see if there is some kind of system-wide problem.
If NOT, then...
- If you are a student, are you enrolled in any courses? If you are an adjunct, are you currently teaching any courses? If NOT, that is probably why you can't log in. Alumni, retirees and students who have signed on with the college but have not yet begun taking courses do not have access to the main library databases.
If you ARE currently affiliated with the college and still can't log in to library databases, then...
- Can you log into your online course or MyESC? If NOT, then go to the Helpdesk at http://www.esc.edu/techinfo or call 800-847-3000 ext. 2420.
If you CAN log into your online course and/or MyESC, then...
- Try logging into several different databases such as http://links.esc.edu/go?id=1242, http://links.esc.edu/go?id=1812 and http://links.esc.edu/go?id=2032.
If you ARE able to log into some databases but not others, then we know it is a library problem. Contact us directly using chat or the question form.
If you are not able to log into ANY databases then go to the Helpdesk at http://www.esc.edu/techinfo or call 800-847-3000 ext. 2420 and tell them that you think you have a problem with a "duplicate entry in the address book."
Or call us at (800) 847-3000 ext. 2222
- Sun: 1-9 pm
- Mon-Thu: 9am-9pm
- Fri: 9am-5pm